Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Boy

I love my boy! I love how much that even on very bad and very sick days, he brings so much joy and happiness and humor into my world.

Joyce and I picked Hayden up from school on Monday.
Hayden: "Mom, at one point during school today I started feeling way wiggly and I could not sit still. I mean I just could not figure it out. Did Dad happen to come by and give you a priesthood blessing today while I was at school?"
Me: "No. But what does me having a priesthood blessing have to do with anything?"
Hayden: "You know, Dad is always telling me, Hayden, why do you always get the wiggles when mommy is getting a priesthood blessing. I figured since I felt wiggly, someone out there must be giving you a blessing. Hmmm. Guess there are other times when I wiggle, not just during prayers."
Boy did Joyce and I laugh.

The Bishop came over to see how we were doing. He was talking about me not being alone. I said that Hayden has actually gotten really good at taking care of me. I feel almost as secure with him there as anyone else.

Bishop: "Hayden, that is great that you are able to help your mom so much."
Hayden: "No biggie. I know what to do. If she passes out, I just push her head back down on the couch so she is flat, I lift her legs so that the blood goes back to her head. When she asks me what happened, I can put her legs down and then I can go back to doing whatever I need to. It isn't a big deal. I'm used to her you know, jerking and then going out."
How sad that he is so good and so nonchalant about it. It doesn't seem to bother him.

Hayden and Julie were having a discussion about George Washington.
Julie: "Hayden did you know that the people wanted George Washington to become the King and he wouldn't do it. He wanted the people to govern themselves and to elect a President."
Hayden: interrupting, "Hey, George Washington is just like the four sons of Mosiah. They didn't want to be King and chose to serve as missionaries instead. Can you believe they went for 14 years? I think if I went for 14 years, I would absolutely give my mom a heart attack. In fact, after 2 years she would be saying, 'Hayden, that's enough, I miss you and need you home immediately.'"
That's right, this mom could not possibly go 14 years without Hayden. Thinking about 2 absolutely freaks me out.

Talmage was over last night. I LOVE the relationship that Hayden has with Talmage, especially when no one else is around.
Talmage: "Hayden, Hayden, I wanna watch movie"
Hayden: "Ok. What do you want to watch?
T: "Wanna watch Hayden, big boy movie." With hands on his hips walks over to the dvd's.
H: "What about puppies? Madagascar?"
T: "No superheroes."
H: giving Talmage a huge hug, "I have trained you well, little buddy. Spiderman it is."
T: Talmage to Thomas, "Papa, papa, I big like Hayden"
Much cuter with their arms around each other. I love that Hayden has the opportunity of being wonderful to someone younger to him. Talmage, Brigham and Brooklyn are the closest to siblings that Hayden has. I love to watch Hayden play with, cuddle with and teach Talmage. I love that Talmage idolizes him.
Funniest thing: Talmage is CONVINCED that Thomas is Papa Thomas. Oh well, regardless of what he calls him, Talmage is definitely his "Papa Thomas' boy".

Good things happening at our house each and every day!


No comments: