Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Game Nights

Thomas and Hayden LOVE to wrestle and have tickle torture wars, one with another. Crazy boys! During baseball season, on Monday and Wednesday nights, while Jodi was at games with Brooklyn and Brigham, Talmage spent the evenings with us. Oh how we cherished these evenings. Hayden loved the one on one time with Talmage. I loved that it meant "family nights" with my guys. Thomas loved the downtime where we just relaxed. And, Talmage, I think he loved being the center of attention. Monday was FHE and Wednesday nights were always movie nights. Regardless of the evening, every one ended with the boys all on the ground wrestling. We laugh that every time Thomas sits on the floor that Talmage runs up and jumps on him. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of Thomas and Hayden. It is one I think I will hold close to my heart for years to come, and probably throughout my life. This is Hayden in his truest form of joy. His face, laughter and redness say it all. He loves his dad. He loves playing with his dad. He idolizes his dad and wants to be just like him. He loves every minute spent doing anything with his dad.
I love that no matter how many times Thomas pins Hayden. Hayden is convinced, yes every day, that this is the day he will be able to take down his dad. He thinks that since he can pin me, and very easily, I must add, that any day he should be able to take down his dad. I laugh and always reply with, "Hold on, my dear Jedi... someday, someday you will be able to defeat your father." He laughs, runs and attacks his dad anyway, knowing he will be taken down in an instant.
Talmage is the same. He loves being thrown around and wrestled with. I am not sure whether "Papa" loves Talmage more or whether Talmage loves being with his "Papa" more.
More of the boys trying to gain up on Thomas....
Love these boys. Love that Jodi shares her kiddos with us. They all have a special place in our hearts.

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

Papa is SO FUN!!! Thanks for always being so willing to take my kids and love on them.