Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Birthday

I woke up to a sweet husband and son making me breakfast. Hayden was so excited to give me his card and presents. I was spoiled rotten. A new Sunday dress (the boys did a great job), a jean jacket, 2 new pairs of scrubs (aka my jammies) and beautiful red roses.

I was down flat due to Mayo testing the previous day. Jodi was on Jer duty during the day. We went, got our diet cokes at QT and had a relaxing day sitting on the couch and talking. Jodi ran and picked up take out from Olive Garden, yummy chicken
fettuccine Alfredo with bread sticks and salad. We sat on the reclining couch and ate yummy food and talked and laughed. Talmage entertained us and we had fun just being together. She showered me with a fun "stay at home family night basket" included new games that Thomas, Hayden and I could play and filled with all my favorite treats and a gift card to QT for my Diet Cokes. So thoughtful and fun!

Suzi picked Hayden up from school and sat with me during my afternoon snooze. Her and Hayden ran to Firehouse Subs, grabbed food, another Diet Coke and brought food back for Thomas and I.

Joyce stopped by with beautiful flowers, a cake and cute pink and black scrubs. (I seriously live in the things. So comfy, soft material, plenty of pockets to hold my phone, laser, etc. and yet, presentable for the unexpected guest.) So sweet of her.

Shortly thereafter, Julie came over with presents exploding everywhere. She added new pieces to my Disney village, including a cool Mickey Ear Factory, light posts and cool Mickey Village items. I loved them all!

Suzi stopped back by with a plaque for Hayden with all of his wonderful qualities on it. I need to take a picture. I love it! She added to my Jim Shore Christmas collection which is so fun!

I received phone calls/letters/emails/ texts/Facebook messages and cards from over 100 different people. I was in awe, in shock and in complete disbelief. How did so many people remember? How did so many people care? How did so many people know that I really needed to know I mattered and was loved on this day of mine.

It touched my heart in ways that I cannot express. Thanks. Thank you! I will always remember the incredible love that was shown to me.

No comments: