Monday, August 13, 2012

What a Day!

I want Hayden to understand that life isn't all about just parties, celebrations, fun family trips, birthdays and fun times. I need him to understand that life is what happens in between those fun and glorious moments. It is in the trenches that strength is gained. It is in the ordinary that the extraordinary moments are found. It is in the day to day trials of life of learning to overcome and endure that character is made.

Lately, we have had lots of character making moments. Monday was a struggle to get back into the routine of work and school. Work was a rough day filled with seizures, passing out and just feeling downright cruddy. Suzi picked me up from work and took me to Dr. Shiflet to see if he could help me out. I always feel better after he works on my back, do a detox foot bath where my liver and kidneys are dumped and utilize cold lasers to try to minimize the frequency of the seizures. I was in his office for a couple of hours getting all types of treatments. Dr. Shiflet was trying to undo the problems that the last tilt table test caused.

I felt better but was exhausted on my way home. I slept on/off. Joyce picked up Hayden from school and took him to art lessons. She picked him up and met us back at our house. Luckily, Thomas had made enchilada casserole on Sunday so all I had to do is turn on the oven and throw the pan in. I did. Then, coiled on the couch and fell asleep.

Joyce and Thomas said that they came home to me seizing on the couch. The seizures are getting so much worse. Not fun. Sure wish they could get them under control. Thomas used my laser and was able to bring me back.

We were able to have Family Home Evening together and talked about miracles. Miracles in Jesus' time, miracles in our lives and miracles in Joseph Smith's time. We talked that one of the greatest things is that how abundantly we are blessed like in the loaves and the fishes. Not only was it a miracle that so many were fed, but they weren't given just enough to survive, they ate all they could. They feasted. After everyone feasted and ate all they could, there were more left overs than food began with.

I have seen this in my life. I'm not just given the bare minimum of what I need. I am blessed with an overabundance. Blessed with so so much and given so much extra. The Savior is like a parent that wants to bless his children. He yearns to do for us, we just must ask.

A few minutes after 7pm, Hayden was exhausted and begging to go to sleep so we closed FHE and skipped the game and dessert. Right as we ended, we received a knock at the door. We surprisingly opened it to see Bishop Call, Ann and Toni. They came bearing a birthday gift for me. They were sick over my birthday and didn't want to get me sick. How sweet are they.

One of our tender mercies or miracles is the incredible people in our ward family. Our Bishop is such a great man. He is so in tune with the Savior and his will. Such a beloved man. I absolutely adore his wife and daughter. They are so special to me. I was so touched that they thought of me. We enjoyed them stopping by and talking with us for a little bit.

Hayden was definitely sick and woke up a couple of hours later in pain with sinus pain. Poor boy. He awoke, barely able to speak and asked for a priesthood blessing. Thomas gave him one and Hayden was promised healing and relief from the pain. Days later and he is still doing fantastic. He sure has gained a testimony of priesthood blessings and their healing power.

All in all it was a great day. One I want to remember. Not because anything was unforgettable but because it wasn't. It was an ordinary typical day in our lives. The days that I cherish because it means that I am alive and here and still among the land of the living. I hope Hayden realizes that the "good stuff" is the every day relationships, love, communication and friendship shared with family and friends. As I knelt down for bed, I found my prayer full of thanksgiving for all I have been blessed with and all the wonderful people in my life.

No comments: