Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jodi's house

Hayden and I were to have another appointment at the brain mapping doctor last Wednesday. Thomas was also having to work late Wednesday and Thursday nights.

With me continuing to have episodes of my heart stopping and not being able to breathe, Thomas wanted me to not be alone. Perfect. Suzi could drop us off in Phoenix at the brain mapping doctor, we could have tests run and Jodi would pick us up and we could stay for a couple of days. I was excited for a mini vacation.

The brain mapping doctor ran similar tests on me as the one that threw me into seizures. I didn't feel as sick. I am not even sure if I was having as many small seizures as the previous week. However, the nausea and headache did return, which is an indicator of seizures. And, I had complete blanks in the testing where I had response. oops. Guess the seizures are still there according to the doctors interpretation).

We had fun talking to Jodi and her kids. I just absolutely relax and love being with my sister and my precious niece and nephews. I love watching the interaction between the cousins. We hung out at Jodi's house and I laid on Brooklyn's bed for hours, playing games with the boys while Jodi had a young women's activity in her backyard. (Fire and roasting smores and tin foil dinners in 110 degrees..no fun)

That night the struggle to breathe continued but I still felt better the next day. Boy is this new medication working. I even wanted to get out of the house for a little, which never happens. We took the kids to sonic for 1/2 price shakes...yum. Then we drove around to her church, her ward boundaries and different places she refers to, so that I will know what/who she is talking about). Afterwards we rested, but I actually felt good enough to head to Brooklyn's end of year softball party at Peter Piper Pizza with Jodi and the kids. Two car rides, in one day, and I was still functioning. I was in awe. And so very grateful.

Friday morning wasn't as good, the seizures continued. They had me confused and struggling to do much. We had a lazy morning and a relished each moment with my sister. I soaked in each moment of laughter of the kids. I got as many hugs as they would give out. I even lucked out and each one cuddled with me some.

On the way home, I was exhausted but happy. I loved my time away. Julie picked us up half way, and we stopped by my dad's on the way home. He had a party the night before and we scored his leftovers. 3 pizza, wings, ham, chips, cookies, cake, hummus, pita bread, bread and a bag with 10 pairs of shoes for Thomas and Hayden. Major score.

I walked in the house and collapsed. I was tired and exhausted but happy.

That night brought one seizure after the next. Lisa and Thomas talked while I just dealt with seizures. The seizures continued for three days. Constant. Steady. With very few breaks in between.

Summer's sure are rough on me. Whatever is happening to my body with the sun is taking its toll. I keep praying that we will some how and some way be able to find a way to cure the horrible effects of the sun. Until then, we will try to avoid it and deal with the repercussions when I do have to venture out into it.

All in all, it was a pleasant break and a much needed vacation with my sister. I love her and the joy she brings to my life.

No comments: