Friday, December 25, 2015

Blessings and kindness

Christmas night at about 9:30 at night, the doorbell rang. I couldn't imagine who would be at my door.

I looked outside and no one was there. Thomas opened the door to find this waiting on the porch. A complete Christmas dinner along with an Amazon gift card. 

Tears filled my eyes. My heart was warmed with gratitude and joy. 

On the night of our dear Savior's birth, the most sacred and holiest night of the year, someone took the time to remember me and my dear family. We were important. We were remembered. We were not forgotten. 

I wish I could express what tokens of kindness such as this mean. Yes, I am incredibly grateful for such a generous and thoughtful and amazing gift. For the gift of food to feed my family. For the gift of a gift card to buy some needed items. The gift of love. To remind us that we are loved and remembered. 

The gift of love and remembrance is a gift unlike any other. It is a gift that reaches in and warms the heart. It is a gift that calms he soul and ignites the spirit. It is a gift that cannot be explained adequately. 

As anonymous gifts are left at the door, I can't help but add my own personal note that it is signed by my Savior. 

For the scripture always comes to mind, "If he have done it unto the least of these...ye have done it unto me." 

Thank you to whomever you are for the gift of love. I felt mymSavior's love thru you and I am truly grateful.

No comments: