Thursday, December 31, 2015

So sick

Hayden got so sick right before Christmas. I hadn't seen him his sick in years. I was reminded of him being a little boy and staying up with him all night to comfort him and make sure he was okay. 

He was feeling awful. He couldn't sleep. He felt terrible. He couldn't even lay in bed. I helped him into our chair in our room so I could sleep and still look out for him. 

I woke up to this scene. My son, so very sick, sitting and reading. My heart warmed as I remembered the countless sleepless nights that I read to him to comfort him. As I walked over to check on him, I saw what he was reading, the scriptures. My son was finding solace in the story of our Savior's birth. We sat and talked of our Savior, his birth, this special time of year and all the events surrounding the birth of our dear Christchild. 

One of my favorite moments of the season happened unexpectedly in the middle of the night while trying to care for my sick son. The time we spend talking of Christ is precious to me. The peace of knowing my son loves his Savior and wants to grow closer to Him, brings insurmountable peace and joy to my heart! 

I'm learning there really are incredible blessings even in the midst of trials, if we will just seek them. 

No comments: