Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dad turns 69!

We went to Josh's house to celebrate Dad's 69th birthday! Because I am not able to do much, with JD and gang in town, we opted for Wednesday and Sunday night to help me recover in between. I am glad that I mustered the energy and made it to Josh's house. We all sat in the family room as dad talked of life and regrets and wishes and do overs. He talked of it eventually being too late. He wished he would have expressed love more. He wished he would have focused on the positive instead of pointing out faults. He made us realize the importance of speaking up now. He talked of how short life is. He brought clarity to life. He brought joy and hope and the rememberence of living a good life filled with love and joy.  Expressing love and kindness.

It was so cold. But it was so great to sit as a family and talk. After we ate, grandpa talked of all going to do something together prior to it being too late. One last hoorah! Maybe a cruise or trip. I love time with my siblings and dad. I love my sweet nieces and nephews. And I love watching my son interact with grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. I love when my siblings or dad talk to Thomas and reassure him that he is a good guy. 

I have so much to be grateful for. A loving father that taught me of truth and hard work and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for all he has done to shape and mold my life. Happy birthday, Dad! I hope 69 treats you well. 
Brooklyn and Ashlyn

Brooklyn, Brinley, Katelyn, Bryson and Kiley- love these kids!

Even during the celebrating, the boys all had to catch the game.

No comments: