Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Gingerbread houses

Some traditions continue.....

Christmas time brings decorating the tree, watching Christmas movies, reading touching Christmas stories, making goodies, yummy sugar cookies, going to the loop of lights, and so many more traditions. 

One of my favorites is watching the guys decorate gingerbread houses. I used to always help Hayden. He no longer needs help but has it covered in his own. So I make sure there are enough candies and sit and watch and talk to them. I love the conversation and watching how many treats make it to their mouths. I love the creativity. I love the comraderee. I love the laughter and smiles.
Thomas is meticulous. His rows are straight. The candies line up perfectly with details all thought out. He takes his time. He finishes long after the rest of us have moved on to cocoa and cookies. 

Hayden has turned to making creative masterpieces such as zombie apocalypse house. With zombies stuck in traps and breaking the windows. Such creativity in his own unique way. 

Most of all, I love spending. Time with these two. It doesn't matter what we are doing. It only matters that we are together. And for me, I'm grateful for every tradition we still can do together. I really do love the life I've been blessed with.

No comments: