Sunday, December 21, 2008

25 best things at Christmas

If I made a list with people that I love the list would go on forever. So, I wanted document my favorite things about Christmas.

Watching the Christmas Tree lights when it is dark. So relaxing!
Serving Others and bringing needed joy into their lives.
Hayden's Toy Drive- I love that this forces Hayden to focus on giving all season rather than getting.
Christmas carols
Making gingerbread houses
Traditions
Receiving Christmas cards and catching up with friends
Reading Christmas stories with Hayden each night
Hearing Silent Night for the first time each Christmas season.
Santa coming Christmas Eve and the awe in the kids faces.
Baking kissy cookies
Decorating the Christmas Tree
Dropping off the toys at Phoenix Children's Hospital. One of my most treasured days of the year.
Drinking hot chocolate while looking at Christmas lights.
The smell of real Christmas trees
Christmas Eve party at my Dad's- the highlight of my year.
Teaching Hayden about the birth of our Savior and focusing on the real reason for this time of year.
Visiting Santa
Frosting sugar cookies
Cookies and milk
Christmas shopping
Christmas morning right before Hayden comes out... Santa has come, there are presents under the tree, it is dark and the lights on the Christmas tree sparkle.
Smiles and giggles from the kids during Christmas.
Finding the perfect gift for someone
Christmas night, after everyone is gone and in bed, Thomas and I sitting on the couch, looking at the tree, and discussing how much joy Christmas brought. I love that it is just our time together.
The magic, the love, the joy and excitement that comes with this wonderful time of year!

1 comment:

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

So cool! I think we both were reflecting on the same things today. Merry Christmas!