Monday, December 22, 2008

Hayden gets it!

Last night I had Christmas movies on for Hayden while I was wrapping. Honestly I don't even know which ones, I wasn't paying attention, just concentrating on wrapping and all that needed to be accomplished.

Hayden looks at me and says, "Mom, that girl is wrong, Christmas isn't about the presents, its being with family, isn't it?"

I stopped, hugged him and assured him that yes, Christmas isn't about the presents it is most definitely about family and the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I looked around and realized I was getting caught up in the things that needed to be done, the wrapping, the presents, the gifts. I stopped, said a quick prayer for the innocence of my sweet son and his reminding me what this season is all about!

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Hayden is such a little sweetie pie!!!

Jamie Jo said...

So true. I stress out so bad about everything I need to do...rush, rush, rush...and I snap at my kids because I'm stressed from trying to get them the "perfect Christmas." Maybe a nice mom would be a perfect gift.