Friday, December 12, 2008

Growing up

Hayden turned 7 years old today. I can't believe it! He sure is growing up.

We pulled into the school this morning listening to Disney Christmas songs, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Aly & AJ, and as we are about to stop, Hayden says, "Mom, hurry, turn off the music!" I ask why and he says, "I don't want anyone to hear, that would be embarrassing!"

I turn the music off and he proceeds to jump out of the car. I look over as a cute little girl with blonde pigtails was standing at the gate. She smiles big at Hayden and says, "Hi Hayden! I waited for you to get here." She grabs Hayden's hand and off my little boy walks hand in hand out to the playground with Abbi.

I gasped, it literally took my breath away. Here is my sweet little boy, walking on the playground holding a little girls hand. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

3 comments:

Kenna said...

Happy Birthday, Hayden! A fellow December birthday!

Happy Holiday's!

Jamie Jo said...

That's cute. Laugh now. The tears will come when he's 16 and you find out he had a girl over to make out with when you went to the lake.

Darce said...

They grow up too fast, huh? How cute is that!