Saturday, December 6, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

This morning, Hayden and I got up and went to Hayden's school for their annual breakfast with Santa. Hayden loves seeing all of his school friends and get so excited to see Santa. This year he realized that Santa was really Coach Jones. So sad for me, I had to explain to him that the real Santa is so busy at the workshop that he has to have helpers at Christmas. But, he still had fun and was excited to have Coach Jones Santa relay the message to the real Santa. But, he then added, if you forget Coach, I already talked to the real Santa last night at Zoolights.



The best part of my day was I was driving home tonight after a long day of errands, shopping and getting ready for Hayden's birthday party next week. I told Hayden that he was an amazing boy and I appreciated how cooperative and just wonderful he was today. Without hesitation, he looked at me and said, "Mom, you are amazing. I think you are the most amazing mom ever! I am glad you are my mom!"

I got tears in my eyes. I needed to hear that today and coming from my sweet precious son, it was the sweetest words I have ever heard. I am so blessed to have been given such a sweet spirit in my home. Hayden is so sweet and truly wants to make everyone happy. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have him. That is my bestest Christmas present!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, he is the sweetest kid. I love this story!

Darce said...

good boy for a good mom!