Friday, December 12, 2008

My boy!


Happy Birthday, Hayden!

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful son! He is my joy and life. I can't believe he is already 7 years old. Boy how time flies.

Here are some of my favorites of Hayden being 6 years old.
- Learning to boogie board at the beach
- Hayden playing with Chip and Dale at Disneyland
- Going to the beach in January and turning around and seeing him up to his waist in the ocean
- Hayden saying his best part of being six was "being with you, mommy".
- Bedtime cuddles
- Watching Hayden and Thomas find sand crabs at the beach.
- Hayden and I trying to find the lost frog in the house
- Missing front teeth
- Telling the doctor that daddy let him watch a PG13 movie and then looking at me and saying, "I just got Daddy busted, didn't I"
- Fixing Hayden's hair for school and every morning him telling me, "I am a boy. I don't need to look handsome every day"
- When I was sick, Hayden pulled over a chair, stood on it, put his hands on my head and tried to give me a priesthood blessing.
- Watching him and the girls play playdough together
- His infectious giggles
- Tickling my feet and pillow fights
I've had so many great memories of this past year. I sure love Hayden, his enthusiasm for life, his positive attitude and his true love of other people. I am so blessed to be his mother. And, so very thankful for another sweet year with my son!

3 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

Happy Birthday, Hayden!!! I can't believe that you are 7 years old already! You are an amazing little dude. So glad to call you my nephew. Live it up! Your mom will let you do whatever you want today. Have a good one!

Chris said...

Hayden - Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I either forgot and just didn't know that you are also a December birthday boy just like me! I'm glad you had a great day! Happy 7 buddy!

Darce said...

Happy birthday to Hayden! It's amazing how fast time flies--and how fun every year is! I loved 'em when they're tiny, and I love 'em when they're a little older. It's all fun!