Sunday, December 7, 2008

What an influence???

So today Taylor asked Ariyona, "Ona, are Mormons Christians?"
Ariyona replied in her most disgusted voice, "Of course we're NOT Christians, we are Mormons".

Seriously??? These girls have been in and around our home for the past 9 months, and seriously they don't know that Mormons are Christians?

I love these girls tons, but I guess I have not been having nearly the impact on them that I thought I was.

I called their moms, starting next Monday I guess it is missionary discussions for Family Home Evening.

And girls, when you read this... please know that we are Christians. We believe in Christ, we follow Christ and we try in every way to pattern our lives after Christ. He is the reason we celebrate this wonderful Christmas season. He is the reason I get up each morning and try to be the best person I can be. I believe in Him and try to follow Him in all that I do. So, the next time someone asks if Mormons are Christians, please answer with an astounding, "Yes, Mormons are most definitely Christians!"

3 comments:

Darce said...

beautiful testimony Jer! I think they know that; they just don't know they know that. there's no way they couldn't know with your example.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Darce, I'm sure they know just didn't put it together. I mean we still have talks in general conference on that same subject. It can be confusing. You are a perfect example to them!

Kerri G said...

Jerlyn that was great! Kids say the funniest and cutest things ever. I agree with the others, you are a Wonderful example of Christ. Love Ya