Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meet Max

Hayden's lifelong dream came true this past weekend when we surprised him with his own chihuahua. He has been begging for his own little chihuahua since he was in kindergarten. I always said no way, no how, not happening. 

However, when I received a call that there was a trained chihuahua puppy that was potty trained, had shots, was obedience trained and was bred to be a therapy dog, for FREE, I had to rethink my position. When the news of this little puppy came in, I knew this little guy was the answer to many challenges we were facing. 

Too bad for the other family that they had paid a fortune for this little dog. Trained him to be a companion dog for their son and found out that another son was extremely allergic to him. They were willing for him to go to a good home for free. They even gave us all of his toys, kennel, leash, food and bowls. 

So last Friday night when Thomas got home from work, we told Hayden to put on shoes we were going to give him a surprise for how hard his has worked over the past year on helping out. (We also thought it would ease the blow of having to put Princess down due to cancer). On the way there we told him where we were going so he could enjoy the puppy while trying to see how they interacted. 

Immediately Hayden fell in love. It was if Max and Hayden were destined to be together. His face on the drive home says it all. He even had us stop at Petco on our way home so he could buy him his own new toy. 

Max and Hayden sleep in Hayden's room. Max curls up with Hayden and cuddles all night.  They play during the day. I knew Hayden would love him but what I didn't count on was how much I would love him. 

Wile Hayden does his own thing during the day, Max cuddles on the couch with me. While I have been so sick the past couple of days and confined to my bed, Max has cuddles and been my buddy, never leaving my side. I carry this two pound little puppy everywhere. He curls on my lap and is my shadow. 

Playtime and nighttime he is Hayden's dog and Hayden is his boy. Hayden has really stepped up and taken him out on a leash to go to the bathroom, taken him for many walks daily and feeds him and cleans up after him. Most of all, he is Hayden's dream puppy. Hayden is thrilled with the incredible dog that Max is. He loves training Max and teaching him new tricks.

I couldn't imagine loving a dog more. He has definitely won over my heart. Hayden's heart and Thomas' heart. He has warmed his way into our family in less than a short week. Welcome to the family, Max! You are a loved little pup!






No comments: