Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Childhood Joys of Summer

Summer is in full swing. School has been out for two weeks. The summer Arizona heat is here and in full swing. Hayden is having a great summer making lasting memories. 

Hayden has become my partner at weekly doctor appointments. To bribe him for being good and having to be hauled to doctors for several hours, I let him pick where to grab lunch on the way home. We discovered Five Guys burgers and fries. Yummy food, I tell you. 
Hayden has loved being able to stay up later and spend time with his all time hero, his dad. They have played all types of board games, watched movies, played video games, worked hard cleaning up dog poop, learning how to do minor house repairs and have enjoyed reading their latest new series of books. 
Of course water fun in a necessity in the desert of the sun. Hayden joined forces with Brooklyn for a day of jumping on the trampoline with the sprinklers and water gun wars. 

We have loved that all of Jodi's kids have been around more. They are silly and fun and bring so much joy and laughter into our home. 
Hayden has loved me being at home this summer. He has loved that we only leave the house about twice a week for doctor appointments. Leave it to Hayden to find the good in my being down. He has told me every day how great it is that he gets to do fun art projects, draw, build, create and do experiments. Below is Hayden creating a robot out of recycled trash. He used egg cartons for feet, a nuts and bolts for facial features and a milk jug body. He is one creative and engineering minded boy. 
This is my boy in his full personality. He hates getting his picture taken. He can go from all smiley and fun to his mischievous face in no time flat. I love that he is so relaxed. I love his attitude about no video games at will but reading, creating, building, running, playing and experimenting are front and center of his summer. We are definitely enjoying our summer and wish time would slow down. We are trying to savor every moment and find as much joy and happiness that can be found. 

We have so many more wonderful days ahead. I love this boy of mine and I absolutely love and cherish each day I get to spend with him.  

No comments: