Saturday, June 22, 2013

Our bonus kids

Yes. That is how Thomas and I view Jodi's kids. They are our precious niece and cute nephews but we have always loved them and felt like they are our bonus kids. We cherish each of them and love their unique little personalities and their incredible spirits. 

We rejoiced and longed for each of these kids right along with Jodi and Troy. With Brooklyn, we prayed for her and couldn't wait to meet her. As soon as I could, I drove to Cali to meet her. I consider her "my girl" and she is Thomas' little miss. She holds a very special place in our hearts. 

Brigham is my sweetheart. He helped to heal my broken heart. The day I found out about Brigham, was one of the greatest day of my life. No, things didn't work out for me and Thomas and our baby but they did with Brigham and I couldn't be more grateful. He is my little cuddler. He loves dogs like I do. He loves repairing things with Thomas. His smile melts my heart. 

Talmage is my little buddy. He has been my comfort and strength on the days I could do no more than just cuddle and watch movies. He has always accepted me and my limitations as "enough". He saved me when my boys would go to school and work so I wasn't alone. Love and cherish him. He is Thomas' little buddy and follows him everywhere like a little shadow. His favorite place to talk Thomas into going is to Dunkin' Donuts. 

So the fact that we were able to have them celebrate Father's Day with us was such a treat. 

We had a fun weekend with them. Friday night we had our movie night with blanket forts, pizza, popcorn, ice cream sandwiches and cuddles. Saturday morning Thomas took e kids to McDonalds play land to play. Saturday evening the three oldest were spoiled by Aunt Suzi with the movies and a trip to Toys R Us. While Talmage played with Thomas and Max, wrestling and having tickle wars. Talmage and I then cuddled on the couch and watch a movie. 

Sunday was Father's Day activities and all kids were fantastic during church. I wish I would have taken a picture but we all got to church on time which was a feat in and of itself. Sunday evening we hung out and relaxed and played together as a family. 

We are so grateful that these kiddos are in our lives. They are cute and precious and sweet and just down right great kids. Love them. 
IHOP breakfast!
Wrestling with Thomas and the boys. 
We tired out Talmage as he fell asleep sitting up. So cute. 

Max did not let Thomas tickle Talmage. He definitely is on the kids' teams. 

No pics of Brooklyn and Hayden because if they were here and not in a structured activity, they played Minecraft on XBOX. Hayden loved having so much video game time. 

Great weekend. Tiring. But fun! I love you kids, all of you!

No comments: