Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cupcake or computer?

My Dad took Jodi out to dinner for her birthday a couple of days ago. They ate dinner and sat and talked. They had a great time. Jodi said it was one of the funnest nights of her life.

At dinner, my dad wanted to do something nice for me. He told Jodi he had planned on going to Sprinkles and sending me home a cupcake to let him know that he was thinking of me. He then remembered Cupcakes for a Cure and figured that I got plenty of cupcakes. He thought about buying gelato but figured it would melt before she could get it to me. He asked Jodi if there was anything I needed and she couldn't think of anything.

He remembered that I am writing more and more so he told Jodi that they should go to Best Buy. They started out looking at keyboards for the Ipad. Things quickly went from a keyboard to a laptop. Then from an ordinary laptop to the laptop of all laptops.

They found a laptop with a keyboard that the screen is turned and it becomes a tablet. It is all touch screen. It is AMAZING!

So, Jodi called me on the phone and told me that her and dad had a great time and dinner. She asked if she could come show me what dad got her for her birthday. I said sure. I was excited to hear about how much fun she had.

She showed me this incredible laptop/tablet and we were so impressed. Hayden was oohing and awwwing over it. He was talking about all the cool features and cool gadgets. Hayden and Thomas were in awe with all that it did.

No one was more in awe, then when Jodi told me how much my dad loved me. How that he cares but can't fix this and it frustrates him. She then handed over the laptop/tablet and told me it was my very very early birthday present.

She relayed the story of the cupcake.

Cupcake or Computer?

That is so my dad. He never does anything half way. His philosophy is definitely go big or go home.

All he does is big and bold and over the top!

I am still in shock that this incredible laptop/tablet is mine. I have started writing on it and absolutely LOVE it! It makes writing so much easier. I can do it so much more often.

I am so thankful for this incredible Dad of mine. He is a good man with a huge heart. He loves me. He wants to make this illness as easy on me as possible. I am grateful for him and the great man that he is. He has been very caring and loving during this illness. I am very grateful. 
I love this sister of mine. She was happier for me than if it would have been for her. My dad apologized to her. He told her that she got dinner with him for her birthday and I got a laptop/tablet. It didn't quite seem fair. Jodi told him that it was one of the best nights of her life. She loved surprising me with such a great gift. How lucky am I to be surrounded by such amazing people that are more concerned with my happiness than their own?
This is right after Jodi told me that it was mine, not hers. I was in awe. The smile is evident to the love and joy that surrounded me and filled my heart and soul.
Thomas and Hayden love it, too! Hayden thought that is the coolest story ever. He couldn't believe that such a cool gadget is 'ours'.
I can honestly say that we love it! That beautiful and fun device has been explored and played with every single day.

How lucky am I to have such a generous and loving dad and sister? I am truly blessed!

No comments: