Saturday, May 25, 2013

Last Day of 5th Grade

Hayden is an official 6th grader. He said goodbye to his 5th grade class and is out for the summer break.

He keeps reminding me that he is now in 6th grade.

I think he feels very grown up.

I feel like that time is speeding at an out of control speed that will not slow down. It feels like someone hit the fast forward button and no matter how hard I try, time will not slow down to even a steady pace and rhythm.

My boy continues to grow up, change, learn, grow and get older.

As much as I want time to slow down. Let this age that I love linger. I know that Hayden is growing and loves all he is learning and experiencing.

Moving Hayden to Cambridge Academy school this year was a wonderful decision. I always question myself when I make changes and question if I am doing it right.

Looking back, this was definitely inspired and the best school for my boy this year. He had wonderful teachers. He made wonderful friends. He grew in ways that can not be explained.

Academically, Hayden accomplished over two complete years this year, with a three year improvement in reading and math. He has excelled at Cambridge. They teach "out of the box" learning and thinking. With my "out of the box" thinker, it has been a perfect match. 

Hayden has excelled in areas that he was already great at. He has conquered so many subjects and areas that were challenging. Most of all, he worked his hardest. His report card was all A's and B's. Most importantly, he had outstanding effort in every class and every area. He worked his hardest at all he did. He never did the bare minimum required but always went the extra mile. He has decided that learning is fun.

I am grateful for good teachers and a caring staff that took an interest in Hayden, saw his true potential and helped find him ways to learn and succeed.

Hayden definitely grew a lot this year. Not just at school but with all the events at home. He has learned to be a survivor. He has learned that prayer conquers fear. He has learned that hard work and extra effort pay off. He has experienced the sweet taste of success and he loves it.

He still misses his old school where he attended since Pre-K, but he has adapted well. He has made so many new friends. His teachers adore him. He is loved and cared about.

I am so proud of my boy. He has conquered, even in the hardest of situations. The life lessons he has learned this year will take him far in life. He has a great work ethic and gives his all. I couldn't ask for me. I love you Bubba and am so proud of who you are!

No comments: