Monday, May 20, 2013

Murphy Gang

Imagine the joy I felt when I received a phone call from Thomas' brother's family saying that they would be coming down to Mesa over the weekend and could they stay at our house. I was over the moon elated. I absolutely love Scott, Shelly, Megan and Jazzy and couldn't wait for them to get to our house.

Megan is an absolutely sweetheart. She takes care of all the kids and plays with them. She humors Hayden and would do absolutely anything for him. I adore her. Jazzy is a little bundle of joy and happiness rolled into one. Her smile melts my heart. She is an Aunt Jer's girl and I love it!

When they come, all the Murphy's begin congregating at our home and I love it. I love all the laughter of cousins, the smile on Thomas' face as he laughs with his siblings, the joy on Joyce's face when her children are together. The love that surrounds is a great feeling.

Shelly is one of my dearest friends, along with being my sister-in-law. I adore her. I wished we lived closer to them. I know we would spend a lot of time together.

This weekend did not disappoint. We had a great time! We all stayed up late at night talking, we ate yummy food, we laughed, we caught up on one another's lives, we told stories and Thomas reminisced with his brother, sister and mom. It was great.

Hayden loved having so many cousins around to play with and have fun with. There was so much laughter coming from the back yard and the toy room. Of course, the noise and chaos trickled into the family room, but when it got too noisy, we would shoo them back outside or down the hall. They had so much fun together.
I loved that we snapped a picture together. Thomas has a great family and I am lucky to call them mine.
I think that Scott, Shelly, Thomas and I could stay up all night talking, laughing and discussing life. We had some great talks. We laughed. We cried. We celebrated. We had a great time!

I cannot wait for them to come back. They are sending Megan and Jazzy down for a week to stay with us this summer. I. Can't. Wait. Neither can Hayden. Love them. So glad they came down, even if it was for way too short of a visit. Love you guys! Come as often as you would like!


No comments: