Saturday, May 25, 2013

Number B

Oh how I love Mr. Talmage. He cracks me up and brings joy and laughter to my life.

I enjoy the steps of him growing up. With my being around him every day, I get to experience all of his milestones and experiences in life. I absolutely love it. I consider it one of my most tender mercies. I love the joy and happiness that he brings to my soul.

Jodi has been working with Talmage. One day as he was driving down the street, he looked at the streetlights and said, "Hey, that's my number!" Jodi couldn't figure out what he was talking about and looked and looked and realized that the streetlights, being double sided, looked like a letter T. She told him that indeed that was his "letter T". Since then, he gets so excited any time anything looks like a "T".

Driving in the car the other day, he looked and me and said, "Jer, Look! It's my number B."

Jodi and I laughed and laughed. Jodi, lovingly, told him it was his Letter T. He said, "That's what I said, my number B." 

Oh the joy. I hate correcting him now. He will all too soon grow up. Not only will he know that it is indeed  a letter and not a number. He will understand the difference between a T and a B. But this innocent stage of learning and growing and experiencing life for the first time is so precious and is so fleeting. It is such a small moment that they are young and innocent.

I love this age. I love that each day brings a new adventure and new learning and new growth. I love that I have had the opportunity to experience so many of these precious moments with Talmage. These are the highlights of so many of my days. He is a precious little boy.

No comments: