Saturday, May 25, 2013

Brigham's Birthday- 7

Brigham turned 7 years old. Where in the world has time gone? I cannot believe how old he is. I love this boy with all of my heart. He is an amazing boy with so many amazing qualities.

Brigham is full of energy, great at sports, full of life, smart, energetic, loving, a cuddle bug, has a smile that melts my heart and loves treats. Most of all he loves his Aunt Jer, enjoys going on adventures with Uncle Thomas and loves playing legos and video games with Hayden. He brings more joy to our lives.

I will always remember the day that Jodi found out about Brigham. It was such a great day. Both of us were chosen by birth moms on the same day to get babies. Jodi and I were over the moon thrilled. We were going to raise babies at the same time. Life couldn't have been better. Life goes on and things happen. Our birth mom changed her mind. But, luckily for us, Brigham's didn't.

Jodi brought Brigham home in the middle of the night. I couldn't wait until the next morning to see him. I had to hold him as soon as possible. I held this 4 pound little bundle in my arms and he snuggled in. I was sold. He was so precious, so loving and so what I needed to heal my heart.

I found myself driving to Jodi's house several times a week, after work. I just wanted to sit on her couch and snuggle with this little precious baby. Brigham helped me overcome the loss that I felt of losing several babies that year to miscarriages and failed adoptions. I didn't have my own, but Jodi was willing to share her beautiful bundle of joy with me. Brigham's little spirit knew how much I needed him and he would snuggle and cuddle with me. I couldn't get enough of him.

To this day, Brigham has a way to touch my heart and bring my soul comfort and peace and joy. He still has a way of snuggling into me and my heart melts. What he doesn't know is that I would do anything in the world for him. He definitely holds a piece of my heart that is all his.

Happy Birthday, Brigham Buddy! I am so grateful for the gift of you in my life!
So, when on Sunday morning, I called to wish him a happy birthday and he lovingly and in his sweetest Brigham voice tells me there is plenty of time for me to bring his present over BEFORE church, we all hopped in the car and drove over to Jodi's. Like I said, I would do absolutely anything for this boy.
He had the gang come. But, I loved that he wanted his picture taken with Aunt Jer. I love you, Brigham! Always have. Always will.
Happy Birthday to my wonderful, incredible, knock them out of the park, adorable nephew, Brigham! I hope 7 is a wonderful year for you and you grow and learn and bring more and more joy and happiness into our lives.

No comments: