Monday, February 3, 2014

Meet Maya

Meet Miss Maya Belle. We originally introduced her as Maya Malie but have changed her name as we have gotten to know her personality.

How Maya came about..... Oh. I don't know. Obviously she was a member of our family. The missing piece as Hayden says. Since Max was supposed to be Hayden's dog and became mine.... There was a spot to be filled. 

I made the mistake of showing Hayden a picture of her online. I show him a ton of dogs. However, Hayden immediately fell in love. Serious love. He made me call on her. The more we found out, the more we fell head over heels in love. 

I was putting anything to chance. We prayed as a family.... Peace. Thomas and I prayed together ....peace. I prayed alone.....overwhelming peace and a confirmation to go thru with adopting her. I asked why. I didn't want another dog, especially now. I can't potty train one or anything. Thomas is working a lot. Which left all responsibility to Hayden. Still, I felt Hayden needed her. 

We had discussed what to name this little 4 pound chihuahua /terrier, 4 month old mix. Maya. Thomas and Hayden were set on Maya....me Malie. So Maya Malie. But, Hayden wanted to know her name. So one last call.... Her name....Mya. Chills. Overwhelming peace. Our dog. I knew it. Confirmation. 

We headed out early Monday morning to get her. Excitement. Anticipation. Thomas went in to work late. Hayden missed school. Immediately we were in love. She practically jumped into Hayden's arms. I was going to hold her on the drive home. She didn't want me. She wanted Hayden. 

She has been Hayden's girl since. She sleeps with him. She is his dog through and through. 

I'm praying that Miss Maya Belle continues to be a joy and light in all of our lives but especially Hayden's. 



No comments: