Monday, February 10, 2014

Sweet friends and family visits

Yesterday was a day that I will always remember.

Jodi dropped off Brooklyn and Brigham at 8:30am. We laughed. We played. As usual, Brooklyn and Hayden did their thing, talking, laughing, playing and having a great time. Brigham helped to teach Maya new tricks, to catch a tennis ball and cuddled with both Max and Maya. We loved every moment with Brigham, as he just played with Thomas, me and the dogs. He is so fun when he is in his element. Jodi moving will kill me but I will love having longer one on one time with each child. We adore each of the kids but Brigham is so special and fun to be with. He loves the dogs and interacts more with us than Brooklyn does. We loved our time with Brigham. Hayden always loves every moment with Brooklyn. 

My dear, sweet and amazing friend Marla, her son Frankie and sister, Briana, came to visit us yesterday afternoon. To say I loved every minute was a huge understatement. We laughed, talked and shared stories. We talked of miracles, Christ, struggles and the power of prayer, seeing the hand of The Lord in our lives and just caught up. Oh how I miss my friend. 

Life is a funny thing. We are weaved in and out of one another's lives. I am so grateful for Marla. I sat with her yesterday and thought of all the ways my life is better because of her and her friendship. 

Marla entered my life as the most amazing scout leader for Hayden. She loved him, encouraged him and became the teacher that Hayden holds all others to. Whenever he gets a new teacher, and we ask if he likes them, it is in comparison to Sister Cavallaro. I loved her for her sweetness and kindness to Hayden. Then, as I was sick, she would lovingly come sit with me. She comforted me. She lifted my spirits. She was a true friend. Always there if I needed her. She started work for Dr. Shiflet, got me to his office and needless to say, I am alive due to the efforts of Dr. Shiflet. Marla spent several days a week encouraging me, strengthening me, helping me and just being a dear and true friend. I was devastated when she moved to Fresno. Seeing her yesterday was a breathe of fresh air, a blessing and a joy. I loved the break in monotony that fills my days. I love my sweet friend and am so grateful for her and all the ways she has blessed my life. 

Right as Marla left and I was headed for a nap, Jake called. He asked me about my sister moving. We laughed and joked. I'm so lucky to have this guy for a brother. Such a great man. I'm so thankful, beyond words, I was blessed to have him for a brother and friend. 

He asked if he and his sweet family could come over. Certainly. Anytime. I love each one of them with such a deep and unique love. I went and laid down to get some sleep in before they came. Sweet Rosie brought dinner over and we ate together. 

I loved talking ith my sweet brother and his wife. I adore them. I loved interacting with my cute nieces that are growing up way too fast. I loved watching Hayden play with his cousins, laugh and truly enjoy them. I cherished each precious moment with them. 

We agreed to do this at least once a month, if not more. Once a month as siblings together and once a month just our two families. I love each and every one of them in a unique and precious way. 

As my brother and family left, the door was shut behind, I said a prayer of gratitude. I am loved. I have great and incredible family and friends. I love the life I have been given. I adore the people that have been brought into my life. Whether by birth or by design of our Father in Heaven. I am lucky to have people that love blessing my life. They bring joy. Peace. Happiness. Comfort. Peace. And love. To my heart and home. 

I have been given a beautiful life. I just am so incredibly grateful.  It was a beautiful and perfect day. 

No comments: