Sunday, November 23, 2008

O Christmas Tree



We did it! We put up the Christmas tree and decorated it! Oh did we have fun! I love this tradition!!!! We put up the tree first, and one by one we pull out the ornaments. All ornaments on my big tree are Disney... I have them all from Mickey to all the princesses and even the villians. Each year I collect ornaments from the new movies that Disney released.

I am all about traditions. So everything about Christmas to me is a tradition. We start decorating with the tree and everyone gets involved. The branches are spread apart and Suzi and I unwrap the ornaments while everyone else hangs them on the tree, while listening to Christmas music. After the tree is up, we sit in amazement and eat donuts. Then the rest of the inside is put together. I love how it brings the family together and everyone is helping. To me, Christmas is about everyone coming together, being together and enjoying each others company.

I find nothing more relaxing that sitting in the dark with the Christmas tree lights on and just watching the tree! I love it! I love Christmas and everything it stands for. It makes me want to re-commit to following the Savior more, to try to have people feel their Savior's love more at Christmas and to be a better example. Looking at the tree and all the branches pointing upward, I am reminded as to where I need to turn for answers.

What a wonderful time of year! So peaceful, so blessed. I love it!


4 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That looks like it was a great time. Do you do a real tree or artificial?

Jill said...

Looks so fun! Im so excited to get all our decorations out. Come do mine for me! I love Anns notes. Too sweet. You do need a standing ovation!

Bob and Danya said...

Wow! Way to be on the ball! My tree refuses to see the light of day until after Thanksgiving (per Bob's ultimate request...also known as putting his foot down)! Hahaha! I love all your disney ornaments. Such a cute idea!

Pallets and Pearls said...

What a beautiful tree! How fun for everyone to be there to decorate :)