Sunday, November 9, 2008

TOFW and girls

Ann and I went to Time Out for Women and Girls yesterday! It was amazing! Every year, Jodi, Suzi and I go for both days and stay in a hotel and make it a girls weekend. This year, they did Time Out for "moms" and their teenage daughters. I decided it would be fun for me and Ann to go.

I'm so glad we went, like always, the talks were amazing. The music was powerful and inspiring. I love being able to go to an event and walk away wanting to be a better person, dedicating my life more to the Savior, and being encouraged that I can do better and be better. There were some great points made by all of the speakers. I love listening to Laurel Christensen talk. She is amazing. We were friends in college and worked together at the MTC MAilroom. I think she has an incredible gift to share with the youth and help them to understand their divine role as women on earth and that they are literal daughters of our Heavenly Father. It is so great to be reminded of the role we have as women here on earth.

Hillary Weekes, Jenny Jordan Frogerly, Abe Mills, Cherie Call and John Hilton were also amazing at sharing their testimonies thru song and word. I was able to feel the spirit so strongly. I too, believe in what they were saying. I am amazed by the strength of the youth and their love for the Lord.

I loved being there with Ann. Being able to really look at her thru the eyes of our Savior and see her potential and infinite worth. She has so many talents, has a strong spirit and wants to follow the Savior. I am proud of her. And, I enjoyed spending the day with just the two of us. No distractions, no interuptions, just the two of us strengthening our testimonies and enjoying the sweet spirit that we felt. It was definitely an inspiring and uplifting day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you went. I told Laurel that you would most likely be there and she told me it was a 'Mothers and Daughters' event this year and I knew you would be there! Were you able to chat with her at all? Her blackberry is dead so I haven't talked to her in several days.

Darce said...

I missed TOFW. Glad you were able to go! It's always so awesome!