Monday, November 17, 2008

Young Women in Excellence

Last night was Young Women in Excellence. I had Ann and Taylor with me and met Ariyona there. Ann did an amazing drawing of President Hinckley and bore her testimony. I was all choked up, she did a great job. Ariyona talked about Good Works and volunteer babysitting. She does volunteer to babysit at every enrichment night, baptism, stake conference or anything else she can help with. Taylor made homemade pretzels, my favorites!!!

Out of the 10 girls there, I was proud as could be that three of them were "mine". I love these girls! Taylor went and I was so proud of her for going. I promised she wouldn't have to get up, even though she did her project. She just sat by us, but we were so happy she wanted to come and be apart of it!

My best part was sitting by Taylor and talking to her about her Heavenly Father loving her. I love her tons! I know her Heavenly Father is very proud of her and the choices she is making. These three girls are amazing!

It was neat to get to just spend time with the girls. Who would have ever known a year ago that we would be blessed to have three of the greatest young women in our home. They are all really good girls and have so much potential. We have been blessed by their spirit and energy. We love having them around. I love these girls like they were my own daughters. We are so blessed to be apart of their lives!

1 comment:

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

You are making a big impact in their lives...just like you did in mine so many years ago!