Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

The Simonton Christmas Eve party is my favorite event of the year. I love Christmas Eve. I love Christmas. I love everything about the build up and this event. I love that we have been carrying on some of the same traditions since I was a child. I especially love sharing those traditions with Thomas and Hayden. This year was great and we had such a wonderful time.

Hayden sure loves his Grandpa. When Grandpa asked him what he wanted for his birthday and Christmas, Hayden's reponse was quick... a play day with Grandpa, preferrably at Amazing Jake's.
Grandma Bonnie with Hayden. Bonnie always tries really hard to put all the finishing touches on all the events and make everything extra special. I do appreciate the time she puts in to try and help us create wonderful memories together as a family.
The kiddos all wrestling and playing together. Cousin time is definitely Hayden's favorite way to spend his time.
Little miss Brinley is my shadow at family events. I absolutely love it. I had to get her a little princess barbie and she thought it was the greatest thing ever and carried it around all night.
I have decided that all of us Simonton's definitely spend a lot of time in the kitchen... have I mentioned the amazingly yummy food at all the parties. Yum!
My guys! Oh how I love my boys!
We started Christmas eve by each family sharing a favorite moment, favorite Christmas day or a special event of Christmas. Thomas talked about Dallin when he was 5 years old and was more concerned about Hayden being in the hospital than he was about receiving presents. The room was silent as Thomas expressed his love for Dallin and awe that a 5 year old wouldn't care what they get but for the welfare of his cousin. Josh and Steph have done such a great job in raising him. I loved that Hayden came over and cuddled with me while Thomas spoke of our Christmas miracle. It will always be my favorite and best Christmas... 2001. Christmas Eve was rough and we didn't know if Hayden would make it... Christmas morning, we witnessed our own Christmas miracle... Hayden started breathing and eating. What a great miraculous day!
Me and Talmage. Oh, there are not words to express how much I love this little guy. He warms my heart. I absolutely love that if he wants me, he says, "Jer, Jer, Jer, Jer" over and over.
I love this face. It is his, I am so happy and just enjoying the moment face. I love how his eyes sparkle and light up when he is happy.
We had an incredible time together with lots of memories made. I cherish this evening that we celebrate the birth of our Savior. I love all the quality family time that December provides.

No comments: