Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hayden's Birthday

Hayden turned 9 years old on Sunday, December 12th. He absolutely loves breakfast and wanted a breakfast party. He convinced Grandma Julie to make stuffed french toast with bacon and eggs for breakfast. Hayden loved, loved, loved his breakfast birthday party and loved that Jodi & gang, Rosie & gang, Suzi, Ann, Grandma Julie and mom and dad were all there.
Above: Ann with Hayden and Below: Suzi and Hayden
Me and my birthday boy. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up. He is such a great boy and such a doll! I am so very lucky to be his mom.
Thomas and Hayden. I love how much fun these two have together. It is true that they always gang up on me, but both of them protect me like crazy. I am so blessed to have these two great guys that are mine!
Hayden, Brooklyn, Katelyn & Brigham... all checking out Hayden's presents.
Aunt Jodi gave Hayden a Burger King and I-tunes gift card. Boy did he think he was grown up with that gift. He is so headed to teenage years... wants his own i-tunes account and a cell phone. AUGH! I am not ready for that. He loved that Aunt Jodi thought he was "big" and she didn't realize what she gave him was a little independence. He loved it!
Thomas and Julie worked sooo hard at preparing a delicious breakfast for everyone. The custard has to sit overnight and after it is cooked on the stove, it is then baked in the oven, but it is to die for.
Hayden had a birthday cinnamon roll instead of a birthday cake. He is not a fan of cake, but loves cinnamon rolls. Yummy!
Julie, me and Thomas in the kitchen trying to put the finishing touches on the breakfast. It was a huge hit and everyone loved it.
Suzi and Rosie
Julie and Jer... seriously, we started making breakfast at 6:30 am to pull it off to be served by 9:00am. Hayden, I hope you know how much you are loved!
Me and the Brig man. Oh how I love that everytime he sees me, he runs up to me, hugs me and says, "Aunt Jer, you are my favorite!" He is such a sweetheart. I love that he is my boy.
What can I say, I love watching Uncle Troy with the kids. He is such a big kid himself. He loves playing with them and really gets into the roll.
Suzi with Katelyn, Kiley and Kaylee. Hayden sure loves his girls.
Thomas making the apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in a carmelized sauce. To absolutely die for. My favorite!
Happy Birthday to Hayden! Hayden at 9 years old is such a joy in our lives. He brings so much happiness, joy, laughter, tenderness and learning opportunities. He teaches me to be a better person every day. I love his sincere desire to listen to the Holy Ghost. He so badly wants to be an example to everyone around him. I love how much he desires to do good. Hayden, you are a true inspiration to me and your dad. We love you very much!

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

That was seriously THE BEST french toast EVER! Puts TC Eggington's to shame and you know how much I love that. I can't stop thinking about it. You know, my birthday is in May and I think all I want is for you and Julie to make me some french toast :). YUM!