Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Family in Need

We were notified of a family that was in need of Christmas on December 22nd. With the toy drive, Forgotten Carols, and all the things still to do for Christmas, I wasn't sure how to possibly pull it off.
On December 23rd morning, I walked out to the car with Thomas so he could show me that all the toys were loaded in the U-haul and told me he put the toys dropped off the night before plus a couple of bags of toys that we had that didn't get counted and marked into the back of the Denali. As I sorted the back of the Denali to take to the toy drive, I was in absolute awe. Everything the family needed and requested was in the back of my car. We had been asked to help with a different family and I had things for them that were no longer needed. With those things quickly exchanged at Target and the things already loaded in the car, all we had to do was drop the stuff to the family.

Tears flowed so freely when I realized that we were apart of a small miracle the Lord had created. I didn't have to do anything besides witness all the ways in which the Lord works to provide for his children. Different events that took place during December made it so the stuff that was needed was readily available. The Lord used this experience to teach me that he watches out for all the details, not just the big stuff in our lives. I felt him directly speaking to me, as to tell me, Jerlyn, trust me... all I ask is that you follow me, I will provide what is needed. The Lord DID provide for this family, the Lord did provide a way in my busy schedule to be able to perform the task that was asked of me, and the Lord did teach me, comfort me and love me so much to allow me to be an instrument in seeing HIS miracle to fruition.

It was our own Christmas miracle. It was definitely the highlight of our Christmas 2010. I am so thankful for the tender moments that the Lord chooses to teach me and for him helping me to understand what he is saying to me.

I absolutely love this time of year, the Spirit of Giving, and the ability to be more aware and more sensitive to the teachings of my Savior. I am so thankful that he is aware of me and my needs... and that he cared that four children had not only gifts on Christmas morning, but the specific toys and gifts that they desired. He is such a merciful and loving older brother and my gratefulness for HIM, is beyond any words I could express.

No comments: