Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December posts

I can't believe that December has come and gone... it was one of our busiest months...ever. We had such a great time and had so many blessings poured out on our family. It is definitely a cherished time that I will always remember. I will admit that it has been so busy that I am ready for life to get to a calmer level. I thought with time off work, all of the fun things that Hayden and I could do fun, all the put off tasks that I could accomplish and all the work I could get done. As with my life on a regular basis, things don't always go as planned or according to my will or desire. Usually, they turn out how I need, not how I anticipated... the Lord has used 2010 to teach me to look for the blessings in the unexpected challenges in life.

So, as my lofty plans are being put off by me being completely down with pneumonia, I will focus on all of the good things it will bring. My blog will get updated. But, most importantly, I will get lots of cuddle time with Hayden.

As I told Hayden this morning of the changes in plans... he said, "So, we get to sit on the couch all day, cuddle and just watch movies. That is an absolutely perfect day! YES!" Oh how grateful I am for my son and his sweet, positive, upbeat, sweet little spirit. I know that for 2011, my goal is to be more like him. So for today, we have already cuddled lots, watched Legends of the Guardians and are headed back to the couch for Despicable Me. And, maybe getting sick will be the greatest blessing.... I sure do love cuddling and just being still with my boy.

No comments: