Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas with Dad & Bonnie

My Dad and Bonnie came over Christmas mid-day. I love that they come around now to spend time with each of us individually. It is so nice to get one on one time with them. They spoiled us rotten, as always.
Hayden and Thomas received a Wii duck hunt game and were so excited.
Bonnie loved her serving buffet and even laughed that Jodi wasn't in trouble anymore for stealing hers during the Grinch game. The perfume was a hit too.
I bought my dad the Fathers of Faith book that had all different people talking about life lessons they learned from their dads. In the front of the book, I wrote out to him all the life lessons and things I learned from him. Most importantly, I learned about my Savior, the gospel and its truthfulness and service. I am grateful for all the lessons he taught and the example he was to me during my childhood. I am thankful for the foundation I was given and it has made all the difference.
Thomas and I spent the last couple of months scanning in pictures and remade the video of my mom. The VHS copies were so bad so we decided to recreate it. I gave it to my dad and we watched it together. It was very meaningful. We also included all the pictures we had scanned. We gave a copy to each of my brothers and Jodi. It was a great Christmas gift and one that was done with much love. I know that I will always cherish it and all the stories I was able to share with Hayden while our family worked on this project. I was very blessed with a wonderful, loving mother that I learned so much from.

No comments: