Thursday, January 27, 2011

Disney On Ice

Jake bought tickets for me, Thomas and Hayden to go to Disney on Ice with him, Kiley and Katelyn. The kids were so excited to go and to be together. They were so cute. I absolutely LOVE this picture of the three kids waiting to go inside.
I love Disney on Ice.... my heart beats everytime I see Mickey Mouse. He was my first true love. Watching it with Thomas is always fun. He loves my enthusiasm. I was so surprised when Baloo from Jungle Book came out. I call Thomas "Baloo". He is so him. He scratches his back, sings, dances and has Baloo's always positive, you can do it, attitude. It was great! All the kids yelled when Baloo came out! Seriously, the kids thought they were there for me, not them. Too cute!
Grandpa and Grandma Bonnie had given Brooklyn tickets for Christmas. We were seriously right behind them. Jake was disappointed that Grandpa had front row tickets and we were in the 2nd row. Those boys are seriously competitive. Hayden sure loves his Grandpa. (And, loved that Grandpa bought him popcorn.)
Grandpa loves to be a kid at heart and sure loved Brooklyn's Mickey ears.
Brooklyn, Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa. They sure had a fun night out. Brooklyn ran over to tell me all about it. She also opted to come home with me afterwards. What a good girl.
The Disney on Ice celebration.
Katelyn, Kiley, Brooklyn, me and Hayden
I sure love all these kiddos. My favorite part of the night is that Kiley, just cuddled up under the blanket with me and watched the show with her head on my shoulder. She is such a cuddly little girl. Out of all my nieces/nephews, she hasn't been the biggest Aunt Jer fan, so it was especially fun to get to spend quality time with her. I treasured it.
Uncle Jake... Hayden worships him. He thinks that Uncle Jake is one of the greatest people on earth. I appreciate how good Jake is to Hayden, me and Thomas. He always goes out of his way to play with and give Hayden attention. Hayden loves it! I certainly appreciate it! Plus, we loved spending the evening with Jake and two of his girls!
Funny story about Hayden. As we were walking in, the sign said, "No outside food or beverages." Hayden said, "Mom, did you see that? You need to take the treats out of your purse and put them back in the car."
Me: "Hayden the treats are SO expensive in there. I paid for treats and will buy you a snowcone ($15) but other than that, you will have to eat the treats I am bringing in."
Hayden: "Mom, I will choose to obey the rules, make better decisions and not do anything wrong. Wrong is always wrong... isn't that right?"
AUGH. He had me there. Hayden refused to eat any of the snacks that I brought while we were inside. Once back to the car, he indulged. My boy... there is no gray. Only black and white and I clearly broke the rules. I hope he continues to keep all the rules not just the easy or ones he thinks are important. I sure love my boy!
Thanks, Jake for a wonderful family outing. We sure loved it and had a wonderful time!

No comments: