Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011

I cannot believe that 2011 has arrived. Time seems to be flying by. I am so thankful for 2010 and all the wonderful things that I was taught and all the lessons I learned. Balance was definitely my word for 2010. I balanced so many things out in my life from my hormones to my family. Goodbye, 2010... you were challenging but I gained so much from you. I will be forever grateful!

I have been thinking a lot about my goals and what I want to learn and accomplish in 2011. I have had many words come to mind. Regardless of the word, my goals are set. As I was watching Forgotten Carols a couple weeks ago, in my heart, I began thinking what carol that I sing to my Savior. What is it that I feel when I think of Him? I absolutely love the song, "Arise and Shine Forth".

Lyrics:
He did not come in glory when He first came to earth
And most the world ignored His humble birth.
But the heavens were singing in celestial harmonies,
And a star guided some souls to their knees;
Those with ears to hear and eyes to see.

And the miracles followed, but the skeptics believed

They were lies spread by those who'd been deceived.
With their appetite for power, they mocked every word He said,
While the ones truly hungering He fed;
Those who hungered after righteousness he fed.

And the light that He gave was to lift and to save

And the burdens that He came to bear are the ones we can't carry and need to share

I give thanks for His sweetness; I have faith in His power,

And I know He'll strive with me every hour.
For He suffered in darkness, kneeling in Gethsemane,
So the light of His love could shine on me;
So the light of His love could shine through me.

Arise and shine forth, let us add to the flame

That burns brightly in hearts that bear His name.
And the torch that's a standard for the nations all to see
Is the light of the world shining through me.

We are standing for something, prayerful in all things, comforting those that mourn.

We are gathering Zion, we can rely on this refuge from the storm
We are strengthened on every side in the light we cannot hide
We are united, spirits ignited, feeling the fire inside.

Arise and shine forth, and we'll add to the flame

That burns brightly in hearts that bear His name.
And this torch that's a standard for the nations all to see
Is the light of the world that shines in you and me;
It's the light of the world shining through me!


I cannot express what happens inside of me when I hear this song. It is as if my heart is singing my own to carol to my King. It makes me want to be better, try harder and do more good. I have always been LDS and tried to follow my Savior. I can't express the changes inside of me this year. Maybe I "get it". Maybe it is "my time" to step up and really become the person that only the Savior knows I can be. I don't know.

What I do know is that I have some incredible opportunities ahead of me this year. The Lord has used the last two weeks with me down flat to really teach me and help me to understand what HIS plan is for my life. I don't know how it happened and I definitely do not feel qualified to help others with things I am still trying to sort through and understand myself. But, I do know that while I am teaching others, I have a unique opportunity to help people understand that the faith comes from such a deep place of knowing that our Heavenly Father and Savior love our children more than we ever could. We are on the Lord's errand and they have entrusted these sweet children temporarily to our care. And, because they love these children, and us, more than we could possibly imagine, with faith, prayer and a lot of hard work, the Lord will lead us to the what these special children need. He will teach us, show us the way and help qualify us to do HIS work.

I feel it! I have felt it! I have seen the Lord's guidance, love, direction and hand in my life. I have seen him work miracles and open doors in Hayden's life that I would have never thought possible. I have learned that those who God calls, he qualifies. I have seen it with me. He gives me the guidance, words and directions when I speak to others about their sweet children. He allows the Holy Ghost to touch their hearts in ways that THEY need to hear. I am in awe of HIM! My heart rejoices when I hear my sweet Savior's name and I do KNOW that my Reedemer lives.

I guess I just figured out my word..... INSTRUMENT! This year I want to align my heart more with HIS, so that I will be a more useful instrument in HIS plan. 2011, I am ready for some great events.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Ohhhh, I love your word!