Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to a wonderful woman

Today is my wonderful Mother-in-law, Joyce's, birthday!

I am so thankful for Joyce and the wonderful son that she raised. I can't imagine my life without her sweet son and I look at all the wonderful ways that she taught him, raised and treated him to respect women. She taught him to serve. He came to learn these things thru watching his mom.

Joyce is always willing and will switch plans whenever I need help with Hayden. Yesterday, as I was driving Hayden to school, he began vomitting. His response, "Call Grandma! I hope she doesn't have big plans today." He knew that Grandma would re-arrange things to take care of him. And, she did, happily.

I was lucky enough to get to just sit and chat with her yesterday when I got home from work. I sat and looked at her and was grateful that she is willing to help me out so much when I have a sick son. I enjoyed listening to her sweet advice yesterday and appreciated her expressing her love for me and telling me I was a good mom.

I guess sometimes I just walk thru my life and don't take time to stop and really appreciate life. As I looked into Joyce's eyes yesterday, I saw so much love, understanding and concern. It was so tender and so appreciated.

I love you, Joyce! Thank you for all the wonderful ways you bless our family! We are so grateful for you! We wish you the very happiest of birthdays and a wonderful year with lots of wonderful memories to be created!

No comments: