Friday, January 28, 2011

Suzi's Surprise 40th Birthday Party

Jodi and I threw Suzi a surprise 40th birthday party, 2 weeks before her actual birthday. Since both of them were going to Hawaii for a week, we were having trouble coordinating times. I can say that Jodi throws better parties than anyone I have ever met.... she should have been a professional party planner. It was the funnest event. I think we surprised Suzi and I think she realized how very much she is loved and cared about by so many people. I love this picture of the three of us. Bestest buddies for such a long, long time!
Suzi doesn't eat sweets so Jodi made her her favorite cheeseball to put the candles in. Too cute and she loved it. A huge cheeseball all to herself. Yum!
Me and Suzi! I can't believe we have been friends for almost 17 years.
So many people showed up to Suzi's party... All the Simonton's, including JD, most of the Bair's, and a lot of people that work with Suzi. It was fun! All in all about 35 people showed up to show Suzi that they love and care about her.
Talk about food, yummy yummy food. Jodi made homemade salsa, green chili burritos, homemade cheeseball, from scratch chocolate cupcakes... all amazingly yummy! I had Suzi's favorite chicken enchiladas waiting and all kinds of goodies and snacks. The food was a hit and there was sooooo much left over!
I love standing back and just watching people interact. I have fun seeing others smile and enjoying themselves.
Julie, Suzi and Jodi Lewis. This was right after Suzi walked in. She is so funny. She called from my front door and asked why it was soooo incredibly noisy inside. Her exact words, "What have you done?" Too funny. It took Jake and JD about 10 minutes to convince her to walk inside.
Happy 40th Birthday, Suzi! Welcome to the club. It isn't bad. Actually it has been great! You are very loved and I hope you felt that at your party. There are so many of us that truly love you and care about you!

No comments: