Friday, January 28, 2011

Makayla

Little missy Makayla, 5 years old, is in the fight of her life. She has been hospitalized since right after Christmas. She is in critical condition now in ICU. Each day she is getting sicker and the doctors are absolutely baffled. My heart breaks for her, her parents, Bonnie and my dad, and all of her aunts/uncles.

I sure love this little girl. She is Bonnie's oldest granddaughter, on her side of the family. She is loved by all of us. She is usually the spunkiest, happiest, craziest 5 year old girl. It is so sad that she is so sick that she can't walk. She is swollen, running a 105 degree fever, and has all types of infections. The surgeries haven't helped. She continues to get sicker every day.

My heart breaks for her. I always get scared being in the hospital but the length of time and the unknown cause of her sickness have to be more than her parents can bear. My heart and love goes out to all of them. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated! Poor little miss! We will have to have a huge party for her when she gets out.

3 comments:

d.a.b.e said...

Oh my goodness. How sad. That breaks my heart as well. Poor little Makayla! She will definately be in our prayers!!

Bob and Danya said...

Ugh! That is heartbreaking. I hope the doctors figure out what is going on and are able to help her.

Connie said...

Hope things have improved!