Thursday, January 13, 2011

ER

Seriously, my goal for 2011 was to stay healthy. So far, I have been sick everyday since Christmas. Yesterday afternoon I ended up in the ER. The pain in my back was terrible and it was looking like my lung had collapsed. When I got to ER, they decided that my symptoms were more like heart and scared me and Thomas to death. Not fun being in there... and I did not like that each person that talked to us seemed concerned. When they start running heart CT scans, tests for blood clots, x-rays and blood cultures, I wanted to run out of the hospital.

Lucky for me, my heart is in GREAT condition. No blood clot. My symptoms were all lung based. Pneumonia and Pleurisy, aka the "Devil's curse". Lovely. That is how I have been feeling.... in tons of pain and overall just yucky. The pain to take a breath and cough is sometimes almost more than I can bear. The doctors want me to stay down.

My patience is wearing thin. I am so done being sick and down. I am not sure what I am supposed to learn but oh please let me learn it sooner than later. 2010 about did me in as far as health was concerned and 2011, you promised to be better to me.

I guess I just need to chill and relax. I might as well enjoy my time on bedrest, as it looks like this is where I will continue to stay for a while. I will be sitting on the couch, doing breathing treatments, and hopefully catching a few zzz's.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Not fun! You looked great and healthy when I saw you. You must hide it well :)
I hope it quickly passes and you are back to your normal self soon!