Friday, January 14, 2011

ER #2

I am thankful that I can again once breathe. I haven't ever really appreciated the blessing of just being able to breathe without struggling for air until this week. And, up until tonight, I have only thought it was difficult. I was in panic attacks as I struggled to swallow and catch a breath of air tonight. After fighting and struggling to try and breathe, after a couple of hours, I was exhausted and could no longer fight to try and keep my airways open. I gave in and headed back to ER.

As I walked in the door to the hospital, they could tell I was struggling and immediately pulled me back and began treating me. Within 30 minutes I had an EKG, chest x-rays, blood drawn and breathing treatments. I was very grateful for oxygen and anti-inflammatory shots to help the swelling in my airways to go down, so that I could once again take a breath.

I am so grateful for the wonderful doctors and nurses that are able to treat me and my family when we are sick. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for providing us with medications to help heal our bodies. I am so incredibly grateful for all of the wonderful family and friends that I have been blessed with. I can't express in words how touched I am by so many of their kindnesses, care, concern and incredible help while I have been sick. I have felt so very loved and so very grateful!

3 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

OK, ALL DONE! It is time that you are well again. You have been sick WAY too long. It is time for you to rejoin the living :). I love you!

Connie said...

I agree with Jodi...enough already! Hope it's all up from here!

Darce said...

what is up with you jer? i can't believe it never ends for you! i hope you're doing better now, but what is wrong? your attitude remains awesome; you're always so positive and grateful. you're amazing! you're also in my prayers!