Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wishing I was at the beach

We are still alive, although I have not blogged in a while. I will catch up. But, boy oh boy do I wish I was back sitting on the beach in St. Maarten. I loved, loved, loved every minute lying in the sun and relaxing. Does anyone want to take me back there?

Today more than any day, I am so missing the sun, the relaxation, being with Thomas and Hayden, and enjoying a nice cold drink on the beach. I miss the sand between my toes, the cool water on my feet and the warmth of the sun beating down ever so gently on my face. The cool breeze that was gently blowing was refreshing and heaven sent. Wow, I can almost take myself back there just thinking about the day and wishing I was there reliving that moment.

Instead, I sit here at work, counting down the time to put my jacket back on, head to the school, pick up Hayden and figure out what I should be making for dinner. Then homework, laundry, cleaning bathrooms and crashing in bed to wake up to it again tomorrow.

I am thankful for the little "breaks" from it all to cherish the beauty of this earth and the chance to just relish in all the joys of life. But, I so wish I was just sitting on the beach.

No comments: