Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bahamas

Nassau, Bahamas was our last stop on the cruise. We had been there a couple of times before and decided to just grab a cab and hit the beach. We loved it the last time and I had to get in one more day of relaxing and listening to the waves crash before heading back to reality.

This day did not disappoint. We headed out with Josh's and JD's gang, Kaylee and our family to the beach. We grabbed a taxi, crammed in and looked like a bunch of clowns unloading a vehicle. We rented two lounge chairs and set in for a relaxing and fun day.

Most of the kids headed out to the big waves while Hayden and Coby started digging in the huge sand pile they found. It was "awesome" they exclaimed while digging tunnels through the mound.

I look at Thomas and wonder how I was ever so lucky to get him. He is absolutely amazing and I love every minute I get to spend with him.
The waves were huge and so much fun. I love all the kids playing together running away from the waves and then diving in.
Tanner, Kaylee, Bryson, Braden, Brinley, Dallin, Hayden, Coby, Casen and Austin. They all had so much fun playing together!
It makes my heart smile that Hayden has so many great cousins. Having an only child was never my plan and it breaks my heart that he doesn't have siblings. But, looking at these pictures, he is so blessed with a bunch of cousins that are so great to him and he loves. I hope that some of them treat him more like a brother as they grow. I do love watching his relationships that he is developing with each of them.
I LOVE this picture and it may go on my wall.... so much emotion. Hayden and Coby a little more timid and bracing to run... just in case. Kaylee standing firm and screaming in delight and Bryson, as always, laughing his heart out.
This one brings a smile to my heart. I cannot express the love I have for these two. I sat and watched them as they talked, discussed seashells, the ocean, how much sand is there in the world and what makes waves. Hayden is so lucky to have Thomas for a father. And, there is no possible way for me to describe the love and respect I have for both of these two.
I love that Hayden cherishes the "little things" in life. He doesn't need anything big or grand to play with. He treasures a new rock or seashell as much as a transformer and has the imagination for it to be anything. He would be content playing with a rock and a seashell in the sand for days on end. I love his imagination and zest for life.
It is no surprise when you know his dad. Thomas gets so much joy out of a cool seashell, coral piece or unique rock. He has taught me to sit back and enjoy the moment, no matter how small. He has taught me to notice the small things in life that make you realize how much our Father in Heaven does for us, including making beautiful sunsets, unique seashells and beautiful sand beaches. I asked Thomas one day why seashells, and he said that each unique shell reminded him of our own uniqueness... the ones that have their own qualities, own way, own look are the ones that are cherished. That is my Thomas, he doesn't necessarily go with the crowd, he marks his own path, his way and there is nothing I would change about him or that. Boy has he taught me to look at life in a different and more positive way.
This is me saying goodbye to the beach, the waves, this vacation. I may have left the moment and that place on earth. However, I have taken each of those treasured memories, tucked them deep in my heart and mind, and I get to relive them whenever I want to. As I type this, I can feel the movement of the air, the smell of the salt water in the breeze and my heart is beating in rhythm of the waves coming in, going out and crashing. It is a serene place, one where I go when I need to relax and clear my mind to think. I relax as I settle back into that moment and am grateful for all that I have been given. My life may not be perfect. I definitely have my own set of challenges. But, I have been so blessed. I wouldn't change my life or my trials because all of it, the good, the bad, the heartache, the joy, the learning and teaching, has brought me to this beautiful place.

A place where I am loved, I have lots of people that I love and I am surrounded by those that I so love being with. When it all comes down, all of these people and experiences have brought me to where I am today. And that, is a very good place to be.
So farewell beach until I catch up with you on the other side of the world in Oceanside, California this summer. Where I will be once again reunited with not only the beach and relaxation but this wonderful brother and his family that I love and miss so much. You are loved, JD, and as much as I love the ocean and being in paradise, I miss you more. Saying goodbye to you was so much harder than the vacation being over. I love you and miss you, though I do not tell you that enough.
Thanks, Dad and Bonnie for an amazing trip. It is one I will always cherish, hold close to my heart. I know that in the years to come, these pictures and memories will take me back to the time when we were all together, laughing, playing and enjoying each and every moment that we were blessed to all be together! I have to think, no firmly believe, that my mom was on this trip with us. This would have been her dream. All of us together, playing and enjoying each other and the love that we share. Knowing her, I am sure that she was right in the middle of all of her grandkids, running, laughing and jumping the waves. Her loves in life, my dad, us kids, her grand kids and the ocean. I have to think this was a vacation of a lifetime for her, too.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I agree, that picture deserves a frame and a spot on a wall...super! So many great pictures...not a doubt everyone was having a great time! You look great, by the way!!!