Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Eve with the Simonton's

My favorite night of the year is Christmas Eve. I love the anticipation of Christmas. I love being together with family. I love watching Hayden with his cousins, grandparents and aunts and uncles. 

I love the traditions. Getting together, laughing, excitement in the eyes of all the kids, the yummy food, grinch game, the joy and sparkle when Santa comes, the anticipation of all great things. The love in the room is amazing. I love when we talk of blessings and favorite Christmas memories. I love the spirit. 
I look around and take note of all those I love and why I love them. I think,of each niece, nephew, sister, brother and my dad. I look at how they have each blessed my life for good. I feel my mom's presence as she sits with us and finds joy in each of her children and grandchildren. She reassures me of her love and it's as if she tells me the things I did good this year and reassures me I'm on track. I feel my Savior's love. I feel His presence and peace. 
When Santa comes, the kids smile with joy and excitement. Even the big kids get into it. They are thrilled with their grinch gifts and love the joy of Santa bringing the first gift of Christmas. It makes them all the more excited for Santa to deliver the gifts after they sleep. The joy of Santa and all things great and wonderful. 
I love looking over at my husband and son and feeling my heart almost explode with love for them both. No matter what happens in life, they love me and have my back. They bring so much joy to my life. I'm so lucky they are mine. 

I'm grateful for a sister that loves and adores me. She loves me and treats me wonderfully. Jodi is absolutely one of the most Christlike people I have ever met. Her children are like my bonus kids. I love them. I'm so grateful I get to spend such a precious day of the year with them. 

My dad. He tries so hard to make us happy. Him and Bonnie always throw a fantastic party. I'm so grateful they try so hard to make such a memorable evening. 

As we drive home, my heart could explode with joy and happiness and gratitude for the life I have. I love my husband. He is my rock. He is my joy. He is my reason for living. He helps me and encourages me in all I do. My son...my precious and amazing son is my world. I love his great heart. I love his smile and sparkle in his eyes. I love how good he is to the absolute core. He is as precious as they come. 

On the way home, I say a silent prayer of thanks for my life. For those that I love. For those that walk this journey with me. I'm so blessed. And what a better time to feel surrounded in love than at Christmas. Merry Christmas. 

No comments: