Thursday, December 25, 2014

Terrifying Call

Car accident miracle!!!

After Hayden opened gifts, the night before his birthday, he was going to run with Aunt Suzi to Jake's house. Moments after he left, I got a phone call from Suzi. They were in a car accident. I was terrified and although Suzi said they were ok, I was terrified. 

As we pulled up to the scene, the officers were not happy as we kept coming instead of turning around. I jumped out of the car and told the office my baby was in the accident. As I walked past the first car in the accident, paramedics and fireman were working to cut the people out of the car, my heart dropped. With each passing car, my heart sunk farther into my chest. I have never been so relieved to hug my boy. I shed tears of relief and joy. 

Suzi was stopped at a red light. As were the two cars behind her. A distracted driver texting hit the back car at full speed, 55 mph. There were 7 ambulances who rushed to the hospital, 5 fire engines, paramedics and dozens of cops. It took the paramedics over an hour to even check out Suzi and Hayden because there were so many serious injuries. Hayden had pulled ligaments, a seatbelt burn, and severe headache. The paramedics thought he was fine. Suzi looked awful. 

The next day we took them to Dr. Shiflet. Hayden had severe whiplash, pulled ligaments and muscles, and headaches. Suzi had torn ligaments and neck muscles. Both hurt. 

It was a miracle that Hayden and Suzi walked away from the accident. No one else did. All others were seriously hurt. And although they were bounced around and their bodies took impact, it could have been so much worse. I am so grateful they walked away from this accident. The outcome could have been very different. It could have been so much worse. 

It was our own Christmas miracle. We felt the protection of our Savior. We felt the arms of love around us. The Savior continues to bless us. He takes care if us. He keeps us safe. 

I am grateful for my miracle. I'm grateful my son is ok.mim so grateful Suzi and Hayden walked away from the accident. They were so so so blessed. We were so blessed. We feel our Savior's love. Greatest Christmas gift I could have been given. 

No comments: