Sunday, December 28, 2014

The day after

I love Christmas and all of the parties, family get togethers, all of the love shared and memories made.

Sometimes I must dearly pay for the joy and excitement and outings. Such was the case on Christmas night and December 26th and 27th.

My Christmas evening was spent in bed battling seizures. Luckily, they held off as long as possible and came right before dinner and the missionaries. The rest of the evening I battled the effects of a huge seizure. The night brought more seizures, passing out, collapsing and oh the horrible nerve shocking pain. I admit. I over did it. But it was so worth it. I was able to experience so much joy.

Dec 26th brought the worst of it. I experienced seven seizures, all with lights and dots, burning smells and metallic tastes in my mouth. I even vomitted and collapsed on the way to the bathroom. Luckily Thomas was home from work and Hayden was in the room and could get him to help me by administering a priesthood blessing immediately. The blessing commanded my body to start working again and to stop choking. Thomas was able to help me back to bed. The pain was intense and the health problems severe.

I spent the day counting my blessings that the major health issues held off until most of the festivities were done. I know there was a cloud of protection around me as I went thru the days before and Christmas day. I could feel my Savior shielding me and protecting me from my own disease. That was one of my favorite and most cherished gifts. I was given almost 48 hours of freedom and relief from my disease. What a truly remarkable and loving gift.

My illness continues in its own way. I have learned to battle it and live with the effects of it better. The Savior lovingly gives me moments of relief. I can feel the words, "Come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and I will give thee rest. For my yoke is easy and my burdens light." I feel these words. The Savior can make the weight of our burdens lighter. He doesn't take them away but He picks up the yoke and helps carry it for us. He takes on the weight leaving my portion much easier to carry.

Hard trials come, illnesses can plague our mortal bodies, we are susceptible to all manor of diseases, aches, pains, trials, heartaches, problems and illnesses. But, we do not walk these trials and hard times alone. Our Savior lovingly stands ready to help, ready to help carry the burden so it is not so heavy, and that we can be surrounded in His love. I am grateful He loves me and is concerned about me. He eases my pains when I can no longer bear the intensity. He eases my suffering. He calms my troubled heart. He brings peace to a world filled with uncertainty, struggles and heartache. His peace and love can conquer all. He stands waiting. He wants to answer our prayers, help us fulfill our dreams, and discover the divinity inside us. It is up to us to ask for His help, His guidance, His comfort and His love.

No comments: