Monday, December 1, 2014

Gratitude

I have so much to be grateful for. November and Thanksgiving always helps me to feel more grateful. I look for blessings. I see the good. I recognize more readily the gifts I have been given. I really do have a wonderful life. 
My gratitude list.... I am thankful for:
My Savior and His loving guidance, his sacrifices for me, His unconditional love and His comfort. He has become my dearest and most cherished friend. I have learned to lean on Him, trust Him and go to Him for help and direction. He is the first one I turn to and the one I find my worth with. He is my everything and I am so very grateful for my precious relationship with Him. 
My Father in Heaven - He loves me and I am His daughter. I am divine because of Him. He listens to me and answers my prayers and helps me to be better. He quickly forgives even when all other things in my life He requires my patience and long suffering. I feel His unconditional love. 
Holy Ghost- I am most grateful for the feeling of peace. I can cope with life as long as peace accompanies me. Without peace, I fall apart. The Holy Ghost is my comforter and companion. He teaches me right from wrong and gives guidance in my life. He brings me peace to know regardless of life's trials and problems that peace is attainable even in hard situations. 
My dear husband, Thomas- he is my rock, my life, my strength, my love, my other half and the one who does so very much for me. He makes me breakfast every morning and gets me my diet coke before work. He would do anything for me and serves and loves with all of his heart. 
My sweet son, Hayden- he is my all. My joy. My fun. My laughter. My reason to hold on. He is my heart. He is my smile. He is my strength when I can't muster any for myself. He is the reason I continue to fight to live. He helps me to hold on and face life's storms. He is such a sheer joy. 
My sister, Jodi- oh how I love my sister. She is the one I call when I need something. She is my BFF. She is the one who knows all of my stories and all of my past. She knows when I am not ok just by looking at me or hearing my voice. She loves and serves with all of her heart. She would and has done everything for me. I am so so grateful. 
Julie- a second mom to me. Someone who does anything I need. From laundry to cooking to rides and even help, she loves the way only a mother can. I feel honored that she considers me one of her own. She does the little things for me that only a mom would do and I am so very grateful. 
Suzi- my friend. A wonderful aunt to Hayden. Someone who helps when I don't know what to do. She is the most generous soul I know. 
Joyce, my mother in law- she raised an amazing son. She serves and loves our family. She adores Hayden. She is willing to do anything we need and then thanks me for the opportunity to help us. She makes our life so much easier. I love her so much. 
My Dad- I owe my dad everything. He has given so much to us. He has provided shelter for us in a beautiful home. He has helped us on numerous occasions when there was no where left to turn. He taught me so much. Most of all how to depend and trust my Savior and Father in Heaven. And that is my most cherished gift. He also taught me to see others how the Savior sees them. 
My bonus children - Brooklyn, Brigham and Talmage. I couldn't love them more. Jodi has been so wonderful as to share them with me. Brooklyn is my girl, my joy. She warms my heart with her giving and serving ways. She loves with her huge heart. My Brigham and his heartwarming smile. Oh that smile - I'd do anything to see it. He gives the best hugs and is so loving. I love how he asks questions and how he loves the pups. He is so gentle and tender. Then there is my sweet Talmage. He is a true tender mercy. For every one else in my life, my illness has been a burden. But not for Talmage. My illness brought countless hours of hugs and movie time, cuddles and uninterrupted precious time. According to him, Aunt Jer was never too busy to hug or listen or just sit and cuddle. My illness was a blessing in his life, not a hindrance as it was to everyone else. He gave me reason to keep going as he sat on my lap and we watched movies. He is my cuddle bug and little buddy. 
My nieces and nephews- I could list each of them and how they have touched my life. From Dallin at 5 years old asking Santa to bless baby Hayden and bring him toys to Austin's tender hugs, to Kaylee and her giving me the gift of being an aunt to a precious baby girl, to JD's newest little Ashlyn. I love the way Coby hugs me and runs to me. The way Ann brings her boyfriends to meet me and get my approval. And Megan's sweet smile that makes me laugh. Each so important. 
My puppies- Max and Maya- being confined to a home all day, everyday with no ability to leave and most days trapped all alone, is difficult. Add to it that I cannot go outside or even open the blinds or seizures start. It is a life of waiting for others to visit and relying on others for help and constantly having to be alone. Max and Maya love me being home. Hey bring me cuddles and laughter, joy and companionship and feelings of being needed. I'm so grateful for the joy they bring. 
My brother, Jake- jake would give his life for me. He takes care of me and my house and any crazy needs I have. He brings a smile to my face and lifts me like only he can. There is something. About Jake that is so special. He makes me smile. He helps me feel needed and wanted and like gold. He does so much for me but most of all he just says, "I love my seester" in a way that melts my heart. 
Lisa and her sweet family- her moving a couple doors down has been such a blessing. I'm not alone as often. She comes down to talk or borrow something or run an errand. She is close. I'm. Or so scared with her close by. It gives me comfort for Hayden and friendship for Thomas and Hayden. 
Chad- I love him with all of my heart. He has become so precious to me. I love his thought process. How he thinks. How he loves and protects Haydne. How he trusts me. He helps us however and whenever he can. I am forever grateful for him in our lives. I love him like he was my own. 
JD and Josh and their families- I love my brothers. I love the way JD and Cassie always make time for me when they are in town. I love how they come see me. How I matter. I love their boys. And I just treasure any time I get with them. I respect Josh. He tries his best to give his all and do what is right. He has a great head on his shoulders and reasons all problems out. No emotion, just solutions. He has helped us when I don't know what to do and he helps us with a game plan. He is always willing to move us or help out. Always at our events and always present. He is a rock and I love his precious family so much. 
My grandparents- they have all long gone but have left a strong foundation in my life. I feel their presence often. All of,them. I know some are assigned to help me with my trials. They strengthen and lift me. 
The gospel- I love the Book of Mormon and plan of salvation. I love the sound truths I know because I have been blessed to know and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings me security and so much peace. 
My ward family- they have been my rocks and support on so many occasions. I'm blessed to serve with so many wonderful people whom I cherish and love. 
My friends - too many wonderful ones to count. I've been blessed with an abundance of support system and rock solid people in my life. I am truly blessed. 
My home- I'm so grateful for a roof over my head and a place to live. I'm grateful for the comfort and safety it provides. And most of all for the Spirit of our Savior that dwells here. It is my sanctuary here on this earth. 
Food- I'm grateful for a full pantry and I know what a blessing that truly is. Not often have we had to worry about our next meal or how to feed our family. So many struggle with that. I'm grateful for all I've been given. 
Clothing-shelter-necessities of life- I'm grateful I can feed and clothe and have shelter for my family. I realize this is such a blessing. I am so grateful for a reliable car to take us where we need to go. I'm grateful that so many of my wants are met and all of my needs. I'm truly blessed and so grateful. 
My health- I know. I am far from healthy. I live in a very mortal body that daily battles to stand and walk, to bend without falling and I endure pain I never thought I could endure. But I am getting a little stronger and healthier. I am so grateful for my good days. I am grateful for what my body is allowing me to do that I was told would be impossible. I'm grateful for the days I can get out of bed. 
Miracles- oh have I been the recipient of many, many miracles. Being alive is one of the biggest. I know without divine intervention I would not be waking this earth. And I am so grateful for each day that I get to spend with those I love. 
Life- I have walked the edge of death and brushed it way too many times. I have felt lifeless. I have felt my spirit slip from my grasp. I have understood the reality of losing my life. I've had to say goodbye to those I love. I've had to teach them how to go on when I no longer walk with them. I've had the hard discussions. I e spent all night in prayer on my knees. I've laid in bed pleading for another day or night, grasping for anything to hold on to. Life is a precious gift. Each day a reason to smile and celebrate. Sure life has ups and downs. It is rocky and scary. But having a body and being able to control that body is such a blessing. I am grateful for each day I wake up alive. And I am given the chance to make soe thing of myself and offer help to those I love and cherish. 

This is by no means a complete list or even a fraction of my gratitude. But they are some of my big points. The main reasons I fight to get up each morning and push through the pain. It is the reason I give my all and continue to fight to live another day. And my dear Savior, has been so good to me, he comfort me and hold me when the road is too rocky and unsteady. He balances me. he strengthens me. I am so very blessed. 

No comments: