Sunday, June 28, 2015

Minor procedure- painful foot

Last Thursday I had minor cortisone and steroid injections into my foot along with a few clippings of nerves. It hurt but I survived without pain meds. Yeah me. 

Walking out was hilarious. I could not walk. They wheeled me to Julie and I tried walking. I couldn't feel my foot. I couldn't do anything. I definitely did not want to be touched. 

By the time we got home, the heaviness of the foot/leg increased. I called Hayden to help me. I basically laid on his back and he dragged me to my bed. Boy how I wish they would have captured that on film. Too funny. Hayden was a great sport and hauled me to bed and covered me up. He's a great kid. Julie stayed to help keep the dogs at bay. 

Suzi came over that night. Right as she walked in, Max jumped on the injection site. Oh how I screamed. Then Hayden backed into me. Ouchie!!!! Suzi said, let's go and grabbed Hayden, Max and Maya and left for a slumber party at her house. Fun. I was grateful. I needed to relax with no one climbing on me. 

The next day my sweet relief society presidency came to see me and eat lunch with me. They brought yummy Thai food. Delicious. We ate and talked. I love each of these sweet ladies. Linae McCoy, Dinnie Tayrien, Natalie Tayrien, Holly Jackson and Michelle Holland. Alrhought Michele was sick and didn't get to come. 

We talked and laughed. Oh how they can lift my spirits. So grateful for them. So very grateful. It was a great time. 

I then slept all afternoon in a quiet house. I slept so well. It was so good for me. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such goodness and love. I am truly very blessed. 

No comments: