Monday, June 8, 2015

Weeks family

Oh how I love and adore the Weeks family. I remember the first time I met Jordan and Sarah. They spoke in church and I had the strongest impression come over me. "Get to know them. You are supposed to be friends." Really. What am I supposed to say? What do we have in common? They were so young. However, I walked up and introduced myself. 

Soon thereafter, we were all out in as ward missionaries together. We grew to just adore them. They were struggling with adoption and struggling to start a family. We talked and talked. We became dear friends. 

We helped each other thru failed adoptions and illness and heartache and insurmountable joy. We saw births and struggles and good days and bad and everything in between.  I was there when each of these sweet children entered their home. I know their stories. The good and the bad. They know ours. 

Incredible friends. Friends that become family... Don't come into our lives every day. I am so grateful for the impression I felt in the chapel that day. Because I listened, I have found lifelong incredible friends. 

I have missed them so much since they moved to Utah. These sweet children have grown up so much. But they all remembered me. And I loved that so much. 

Rex and Zee and my cute twins Jet and Rudy. So precious. So sweet. So wonderful. I loved every single minute with them. I loved the hugs. I loved the sweet spirit while they were with us. Those smiles. Those eyes. Oh how I love and adore them. 

And although I didn't get pictures of their sweet parents, I love Sarah and Jordan. They are family we chose. I'm so grateful for the gospel and all of the close relationships I have gained thru the gospel. Oh these sweet faces. I miss them already. 

No comments: