Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The perfect day

Today was the absolutely perfect day. 

After the worst of days yesterday, I needed to find some joy.  Something to hold on to. I need to find my happy place again. My joy. 

We awoke this morning and Thomas swept me and Hayden away to a breakfast at Joe's farmhouse. It was so so so yummy. I have always wanted to go there. It was fun to go someplace new. The weather was perfect. It was breezy. Almost cold out. We talked, we laughed, we had fun. 

Thomas turned to go home and I wanted to keep going. I knew it would make me tired but I wanted to just be well. I wanted to have a day like I used to...before I was sick. I wanted to just be a mom and wife. Not a sick mom or a disabled wife. Just me with my husband and son having fun because we can. 

Thomas asked where to go? What to do? I told him somewhere fun or to drive. I told Hayden we wanted to give him the perfect day. He wanted to go see the puppies at the puppy store. We drove to Chandler Mall. The puppy store wasn't open so we hit Barnes and Noble and laughed. 

On the way home, we hit the Disney Store, Build a Bear, and Puppy Love. As we walked the Disney Store, Hayden slid up next to me and started playing with a stuffed animal. I swear I looked at him and remembered him being five years old and wanting a new stuffed animal to sleep with. I thought of the hundreds if trips to the Disney Store over the years. I loved the years rolling back and remembering the fun we have had. 

As we walked by build a bear, the new minions caught my eyes. I told Hayden. He grabbed my hand and walked in. I was shocked. He walked over and showed me Toothless the dragon. Toothless has always been our thing. I remembered the first time we watched, "How to Train your Dragon" and laughing. Toothless was our joke, our way of teasing one another. The next thing I knew, Hayden had Toothless in his hand and was in line to get him stuffed. He leaned over and said, "you know I'm doing this for you mom, right?" I gave his hand a squeeze. I thanked him. He was my little boy for one more day. I was his healthy mom....free. Free from all the cares of the world just enjoying the perfectness of the day. 

As we walked out of build a Bear, Thomas slid next to me and took my hand. Held grabbed my other hand. I looked at each of them. My heart was filled and pouring over with love for each of them.  The joy they have brought me, the love, the good days, the smiles, the laughter and oh the love. 

Hayden excitedly entered the pet store. He started talking about the dogs and trying to pick one out for Suzi. We played with the dog in the middle of the store. It loved Hayden. Then we saw a black and white version of Maya. We took an empty room and they brought this precious little girl to us. We laughed and smiled as we played with this new puppy. She was Maya. Playful and spunky and so much fun. Hayden even named her Snickers. We played with her forever. 

On the way home, we grabbed a Frosty from Wendy's. Hayden ate his and asked me if I was done. I gave him the rest of my frosty, and he said, "score! I love that mom doesn't eat much. I get what I want to eat plus at least half or more of yours." What a stinker. He laughed and thought he was so funny. 

As we pulled in home, I was exhausted and so sleepy but so happy. It was a perfect day. We did all the things we used to attend on a perfect day when my boy was younger. I'm so grateful for the way things fell into place and we experienced one of the happiest days of my life. I was exactly what I needed and I believe it was exactly my precious husband and wonderful son needed. A day or normalcy.  I will cherish this day forever. 

Joe's Farm Grille for yummy breakfast where we sat outside on the picnic tables. 

The cute baby puppy we played with aka Snickers.
Toothless sitting on Bubba'a bed. 
Ended the day with a water fight with Suzi. She brought over Outback Steakhouse food for dinner and a key lime mousse pie for dessert. My favorite. As I curled in to bed, I had to climb out once more to tuck in my boy and give him a kiss. Although he was already asleep, I told him thanks for a perfect day.i then thanked my Father in Heaven for a perfect day. He surrounded me in His love. And I couldn't ask for a more perfect feeling than that.  





No comments: