Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Scout camp

And he's off.... Hayden left early. Monday morning for a week away at scout camp. He was excited to go. He had a friend, Matthew, come over on Saturday. They went to see. Tomorrow land at  harkins, ate pizza for lunch and played video games until after 6pm. They had a great time. Since. Hayden and Matthew were to be paired up at scout camp, it was a great day for them to become friends doing what boys love...movies, pizza, snacks and video games. I was so happy a new boy moved into our ward and Hayden likes him. Always good to know your camp buddy prior to camp. 

Hayden wanted me to get up and go with his dad to drop him off. Funny boy. I did. But he saw all of his fellow campers and didn't so much as say goodbye before he ran off to be with them. Luckily he gave me lots of hugs early that morning and the night before. 

Hayden had asked Thomas for a priesthood blessing prior to heading away from home to scout camp for the first time. The blessing was beautiful and promised no homesickness, lots of friends and he would gain great relationships and valuable lessons. He was promised his mom(me) would be taken care of and fine. It eased his mind greatly and he was ready for an adventure. 
We have amazing leaders. They texted me Monday night to let me know that Hayden is a great kid and was having a wonderful time. They said they asked him what he thought and his reply was, "best day ever!"  I laughed and told them that is it would be he best day until tomorrow and then tomorrow would be best day ever until the following day. Hayden loves what he is doing and loves to find the good in all things. 
The wonderful scout leaders have also been texting and posting pictures for me. Look how happy this boy looks. I can only imagine his thought process thinking of how many pieces of bacon he could eat. Yum. Yum. 
Whether it's been lashing or hiking or swimming in the water hole, they said. Hayden has been non-stop smiles. Oh how that makes a momma's heart happy. 
And in sure he loved the arts and crafts and building. He was so excited to get to make a spear. What a trip. It is Wednesday night. We are half way. 

I miss my boy but am so glD he is so happy and having a wonderful time. I miss you bubba. And I love you. I hope you remember that. I love you always forever and no matter what. 

No comments: